Help and Frequently Asked Questions
TRAILWAYS CUSTOMER SERVICE
Trailways customer service desk is staffed Monday through Friday 8:00am to 7:00pm and can be reached at: (877) 908-9330
TRAILWAYS TRAVEL AGENT
- The Trailways Transportation System, Inc. ("Trailways") is an online ticket sales agent providing this transaction on behalf of the bus carrier or carriers listed on your itinerary, listed on your boarding pass and your receipt or travel documents.
- In issuing these boarding passes for travel over-the-road via the bus carrier listed in your travel documents, Trailways acts only as an online sales agent. It does not assume responsibility for transportation over-the-road for the bus carrier listed in your travel documents, except as responsibility may be imposed by law.
- In the sale of interline, through-transportation of passengers across International borders, Trailways assumes no liability for the transportation by, or the acts and neglect of any bus carrier beyond such International borders.
NON-REFUNDABLE TICKET POLICY & CHANGE FEES
- Transportation purchased via the Trailways Online Ticketing System (trailways.com) is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
- Origin, destination, and routing cannot be changed.
- You must specify your travel dates on both one-way and roundtrip portions of your trip; travel dates and times may be changed, but such changes are subject to a $20.00 change fee and any difference in current fare prices. Also subject to rules and restrictions of the originating carrier in your select travel itinerary.
- Changes to your travel plans are subject to the policies of each individual carrier.
- Fare prices are quoted in U.S. Dollars; unless otherwise noted.
- When using boarding pass(es) purchased from trailways.com, you must travel on the exact dates as purchased, from the exact location(s), as purchased.
- You must present a photo ID, along with your valid boarding pass, in order to board the bus.
TICKETS/BOARDING PASS & ID POLICY
You must print your boarding pass at the time of purchase.
The boarding pass is the only document acceptable for admittance onto the bus for transportation.
- You must present your boarding pass to the driver, along with your government-issued photo ID, as you prepare to board a bus.
- No passenger will be allowed onto the bus without a boarding pass and government-issued photo ID.
- You must print your boarding pass at the time of purchase.
- Boarding passes are non-transferable.
- If a boarding pass is presented by any person other than the individual whose name appears on the boarding pass, it will be void and subject to confiscation by any employee of any of the bus carrier on which transportation was supposed to be provided.
While Trailways carriers strive to provide excellent service, neither Trailways nor the bus carrier providing transportation are responsible for delays due to breakdowns, road conditions, weather or any other condition beyond the bus carrier's control.
Each bus carrier listed on your travel documents will be responsible only for transportation on its own bus lines, in accordance with tariff regulations and limitations.
Neither the bus carrier nor Trailways assumes responsibility for acts or omissions of other bus carriers listed on your itinerary, within or outside the United States, except as imposed by law with respect to checked baggage.
- Seating aboard bus carrier(s) providing transportation under a Trailways boarding pass is without regard to race, color, sex, or national origin.
- Seating aboard vehicles operated in Interstate or foreign commerce is without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin.
CHILDREN TRAVEL POLICIES
Children under 15 years of age are required to travel with an adult passenger (twenty-one years or older). Unaccompanied minor tickets are not available over the Trailways Online Ticketing System.
Subject to the policies of the bus carrier, children who have not reached their second birthday may travel (in-lap) free and/or when not occupying a seat to the exclusion of another passenger.
Additionally: Children from the age of 2 years old through 11 years old may travel at a child's reduce rate; and, said children are required to travel with another passenger, whose age must be 15 years old or older.
- One child who has not reached their second birthday may travel (in-lap) free when matched to one parent's ticket, an adult passenger, whose age must be eighteen years or older, and when not occupying a seat to the exclusion of another passenger.
- Special Note: In certain U.S. States, children under the age of 17 are prohibited from purchasing tickets for bus transportation.
CARRY ON BAG
Each passenger may carry-on aboard the bus one bag that weighs no more than twenty-five (25) pounds, at no cost.
It must fit either in the overhead bin or under the seat directly in front of the seat in which the ticketed passenger occupies.
Each passenger is entitled to one checked bag at no cost, which weighs not more than fifty (50) pounds and measures no more than 62 inches (add the length, plus height, plus width of the bag).
- Subject to the bus carrier's individual policy, additional baggage may be checked for an additional fee; please see the bus carrier's agent or driver at check-in.
- Plastic bags of any size or shape are not acceptable as the outer shell of a checked bag, and as such, may not be checked.
- Checked baggage may contain only clothing and personal hygiene items.
- Government regulations and bus carrier tariffs require that all baggage must possess proper identification that clearly shows the passenger's name and a home address to which the baggage can be forwarded in the event of loss or delay.
- Free identification tags are available at all ticket counters. All checked and carry-on bags should carry identification both inside and outside of each piece.
- Interstate Baggage Liability: Trailways will not be responsible for, and will not be held liable for, any loss or damage to checked baggage. See the individual baggage policies for each of the carrier(s) on your itinerary for specific liability limits on those carriers. For your ease of reference, however, liability limits for each bus carrier are set by law, as follows:
- Liability for loss or damage to checked baggage is limited to actual value not to exceed $250 for all baggage checked with adult tickets. The limit for baggage checked on a child fare ticket is $125.
- All passengers are allowed to purchase additional insurance for checked baggage at any ticket counter. Declared value cannot exceed $1000 for an adult ticket and $500 for a child fare ticket.
- Only clothing and toiletries are to be among the items in your checked luggage. Items of value and cash will not be insured for any amount.
- All baggage is subject to inspection and anything with additional insurance purchased may be inspected for contents in accordance with the specific bus carrier's baggage policies.
- Please reclaim your baggage promptly upon arrival at your destination and at each interline connection point. If you do not reclaim baggage promptly, an arrival storage charge may be assessed.
- In the event of an interline connection, traveler is responsible for ensuring that checked baggage is transferred from bus to bus.